In and Around Chabanais
Within the local area you can find :-
- Sailing, swimming and wind surfing on the lakes of the Haute Charente (about 15 minutes drive). Lessons available in both wind-surfing and sailing.
- VeloRail at Manot, a form of cycling on converted railway lines. Great fun and a way to burn off those extra calories. (10 minutes drive).
- The Châteaux’s at Etagnac (10 minutes) and Rochfouchard (20 mintues) are both classic French chateaux with history that dates back centuries. Rochfoucauld also has a fantastic handmade chocolate shop in the car park at the base of the chateaux.
- An archeological site of a Roman baths at Chassennon.
- Limoges is famous for its porcelain and offers an interesting city to walk round.
- Angouleme has the annual motor car race around the ramparts of the old town (in September).
- Confolens has a world famous music festival in August.
- Rochechouart, is the site of an ancient meteor strike and now the site of a lovely village with chateaux perched on the top of a hill.
- Massignac, the tourist office here organises trips to working farms and cheese producers in the area. Booking is required.
- From here the coast at Royan is approximately 2.5 hours drive, equally the mountains of the Massif Central at Mont D’Ore are about 2.5 hours away.
In and around Exideuil there is :-
- Organised canoe trips on the Vienne to Manot or Confolens.
- Fishing, licence required, in the river on our doorstep, or slightly further afield.
- Walking, there are circular routes that pass our door.
- Mini Golf.
- A snack bar (in season) 400mts up the road.